December Safety Tips
As the holidays are approaching it is important to be aware of your surroundings and take certain precautions in order to stay safe. At the Law Office of Steven R. Whitman, we want to equip you with certain safety tips to remember this holiday season.
Check out our December safety tips:
If You're Traveling, Don't Tip Off Any Burglars:
- Use an automatic timer to keep your lights on and off at certain hours.
- Ask a neighbor to watch your home, shovel snow, and park in the driveway from time to time.
- Pause mail and newspaper delivery to avoid a pile of mail in your driveway.
If You're Going Out for the Night:
- Leave a radio or TV on (and a little loud) to make it look like someone's home.
- Secure all your doors and windows, even if you're just stepping out for a short time.
- Don't allow valuables or gifts to sit within obvious view of the window.
While Shopping This Season:
- Try to pay heightened attention to your surroundings at all times.
- Park only in well-lit areas.
- Make sure all your doors, your windows, and your trunk are secured.
- Avoid carrying cash--carry your debit card or credit card instead.
- Don't overburden yourself with packages. Better to make multiple trips.
- Carry your purse close to your body.
- Put a wallet in an inside coat or front pants pocket.
- If you're shopping with children, teach them how to locate a security guard if they lose you.
If You're Drinking at a Party:
- Eat plenty of food prior to having a drink.
- If you're with someone, establish who needs to be the designated driver.
- Avoid drinking in places where no one knows you.
- Have a glass of water between drinks.
- Call an Uber if you can't drive.
- Call an Uber for someone else if they can't drive.
All in all, these tips are about being proactive and taking extra steps to ensure that your holiday is safe, fun, and stress-free. Enjoy the season and be safe.