Slip & Fall Accident Attorney in Boston, MA
Boston Premises Liability Lawyer
Injuries from falls occur every year and are a very common type of personal injury. When people slip and fall on another person’s property, it may be possible to hold the property own liable for injuries they sustain in a fall. Slip and fall cases vary on an individual basis, but your first move should be to take photographs of the injury scene then speak with a Boston premises liability attorney who can file a claim on your behalf for compensation.
In our time practicing personal injury law, we have been able to recover tens of millions of dollars for our clients who were hurt through no fault of their own. At the Law Office of Steven R. Whitman, we have more than 55 years of collective legal experience which we put to use with each case we handle. We believe in our approach to injury so much that we will not accept payment until you recover the damages you deserve!
Common Causes for Slips & Falls
Unsafe property conditions come in many forms but are all theoretically tied to the negligence of the property owner. They can happen anywhere, from retail stores to amusement parks, to schools.
Falls can be the result of:
- Water accumulation or spilled liquids
- Missing stair treads
- Torn carpets
- Uneven or cracked floors
- Foreign objects on the floor
- Exposed holes or ditches
- Broken floorboards
- Improperly placed carpets
Determining Liability in Slip & Fall Cases
Slips and falls are part of what is known as premises liability law, and each case hinges on whether the property owner can be considered negligent and if the victim contributed any negligence of their own.
In determining whether a property owner is liable, the victim will need to prove a few points.
- The first is that the owner caused the unsafe condition which led to the fall.
- They will also need to demonstrate the owner knew or should have known of the condition but did not act to correct it by giving a warning such as posting a sign.
- Lastly, it needs to be proven that the property owner either knew or should have known of the danger because any “reasonable” person would have noticed the problem and tried to resolve it.
Trusted Boston Slip & Fall Accident Lawyers
Our Boston personal injury lawyers can push for your rights to compensation and establish responsibility with the property owner. You deserve to be compensated when someone else is careless in managing their property and we can put our experience to work for you!
Have questions? Schedule a free case evaluation by calling our firm today—(617) 870-3347!